#AtoZofHealing – [L] is for #Laughter #Therapy – #AtoZchallenge
Welcome to A to Z of Healing with Isheeria’s Healing Circles.
[L] is for Laughter Therapy
This is going to be a short post – because This is something that we all know about – but I am writing about this today, because I feel, that we all need a REMINDER!
So, here are my reminders for all you, my dear readers – The Case for incorporating Laughter into your Life –
- EVERY ONE CAN LAUGH
- You don’t need any tools, materials, anything!
- A good laugh relieves tension and stress
- It’s a good excuse to take a BREAK! & to connect with others.
- Laughter relaxes the whole body
- It’s an excellent way to take a step back, bring back some balance and perspective
- Science says, to get the most benefit, you need to Laugh (deep, loud & hearty) for 15-20 minutes a day ( & it can burn about 40 calories 🙂 ).
- It increases endorphins, improves your mood, boosts immunity, and even helps with pain control.
- When you Laugh regularly, you will experience greater productivity and creativity
- You must remember -There are different ‘kinds’ of laughter – The polite chuckle, the giggle, the full-belly-deep-loud-and-hearty laugh!
Some Ideas for incorporating LAUGHTER THERAPY into your Life –
- Join a Laughter Club!
- Play with Children
- Try Laughter Yoga (Hasyayoga)
- Watch a funny movie or TV show or YouTube video
- Read a Funny book
- Meet up with People who make you laugh
- Play with a Pet
- Do some fun activities ( Karaoke, bowling, Baking, etc)
- Join some fun classes (Personally, I find attending a Bollywood dancing class to be quite hilarious!)
I’d love to hear about your Laughter therapies. Which one is your favorite?
Ishieta @ Isheeria’s