Dear Isheeria’s Healing Circles Readers,
Blogging with #prompts takes some serious schedule juggling, planning and forethought 🙂
Now, when you are playing along a prompt like #bookslutthursday with #shalzmojosays, then the whole exercise becomes a FUN Thing 🙂 coz, you get to do what most of us women, and book lovers loove to do – shop for books & stationary!
My picks this week, reflect the picks of the hostess Shalini 🙂 I believe we may be #book # twins –
- An Unsuitable Boy – Karan Johar’s autobiography (A genre I do enjoy). It’s’ been recommended by a few friends, and the blurb sounds interesting. I am fascinated with the world of cinema, & with my you-know-who entering this world, I want an insight! & who better than the King of Cinema & story-telling to tell me about it 🙂
- The Bell Jar – By Sylvia Plath. the wonderful thing about modern classics is, even the paperback are affordably priced! Sylvia Plath is one of my favourite #poets – I love her layered darkness – there is no solid black, but shades of grey – from white-grey to dark-almost black grey, but never a simple black! This is her ONLY Novel & explores depression & life sliding out of control – something I think, we can all relate with.
(warning : It is an emotionally wrenching experience, read when feeling ‘strong’).
[also, on #shalzmojo list]
- Finding Juliet – By Toffee. A new author, a new book. I love the name of the author – so unique, I found the cover to be cute (more about this in my book review, coming soon). A story very different from what I usually read – but, upon the recommendation from WritersMelon, picked it up to read & review.
- Multi-colored Pencil – I love how pretty this is! & Fun when it comes to underlining notes at study or work 🙂 the shaded lines just add so much color to my white work pages.
- Bookmark – Dedicated to Shalini’s OWLY postcard – which was super cute, and I fell in love with – & then, proceeded to bombard her on twitter for the source!
This is a bookmark from Umang – An initiative for an inclusive society for people with various disabilities.
The back side of the bookmark reads (without any punctuation) –
What makes me different is not the way i am but the way you look at me
Bookmark – Old – grew up with these, have always loved – #TEKSONS Bookshop bookmarks. Miss these #Garfield bookmarks – they just had a charm of their own – added, for this 1 is still very much a part of my reading world 🙂
Happy Book Reading!