#Happy @VivekVasantha #isheeria
Dear Isheeria’s Healing Circles Reader,
Welcome to my birthday carnival exploring the question –
Do I deserve to be Happy?
Really this question was lingering in my mind right from the moment I got a message from my friend Ishieta. Almost this one remained in my mind, cribbing me for more than five days. And really I have to thank Ishieta, for this thought provoking and self interrogative prompt. Yes, I do deserve to be happy every day.
Always I enjoy writing various lists, and I feel happier to share my happy list with you all. Here are my 14 things that make me happy everyday:
- Mindful Mornings – As I’m an early bird, I’m happy to start my day mindfully. Love to enjoy cool breeze, yoga, meditation, birds, and sunrise and solitude moments. Little things make life more beautiful.
- This Moment – Once I was a victim of depression and attempted suicides also. But now I can proudly say that I am a survivor. Thanks to learning the significance of “This Moment”. I am an ISHA follower and I hold the responsibility of enjoying this moment fully. I let go the past and let free the future but hold on to the present.
- Green Tea – I am not big fan of hot drinks. But prefer coffee than tea. My mornings will always start with green tea only. I love the aroma, taste and health aspect of it.
- Books – Books are my all-time favorite. You can never catch me without a book. Touching the books, smell of the book, texture of the book, words of the book, friends who love books, and everything about books fascinate me much more than anything else in this world.
- Nature – Is there anybody who doesn’t love nature. My happiness quotient will shoot up when I am close to nature. I adore the vastness of our Mother Earth, Tall Mountains, Roaring Sea, Amazing Waterfalls, Floating Clouds, Colorful Rainbows, Cool Breeze, Beautiful Flowers, Wild Forest, Deep Woods and the list is endless.
- Pooja and Prayers – My life is not complete without Pooja and Prayers. It makes me happy since it connects me with God and helps me to know me better.
- Family – Being with my family energize me a lot. Thanks to all my family members for being supportive, loving, encouraging and trusting.
- Friends – Friends make my life colorful, beautiful and lovable. They are my extended family. Times spent with my friends are always memorable time.
- Food – Without food, I feel life will be boring. I love to eat different variety of food. Also I love to cook for my family and friends. I’m happy to be blessed with tasty food throughout my life.
- Social Media – Social Media opened a new world to me. It helps me to connect to a wider range. Facebook and twitter are my choice to connect better and faster.
- Blogging – My blog is my second child. It helped me a lot. I Blog Therefore I Am.
- Love – Love keeps the world going and growing. Do you need reasons to love my hubby, son, family, friends? Happy to be loved and happier to love.
- Mindfulness: Usually I select a word for each year and try to concentrate and develop on that word.
Last year I chose Empathy and this year I have chosen Mindful.
Really I enjoy being mindful these days. I started to focus on the present by taking two short awareness breaks in my busy day. Really it helps me to be grounded.
- Gratitude: Always being grateful makes a person happy for his lifetime. I used to write my gratitude list every month. Whenever I feel low, this list will get me back to celebrate my life. I also have my Gratitude Journal.
I would like to pass on this question to you. Please share your happiness list. I’m all ears to hear you.
Vasantha, as is obvious from the article above is a lovely lady, someone that I can always rely on to be there with a smile, for a quick conversation and collaboration & one feels good!
Thank you Vasantha for participating in my birthday celebrations!
About the wonderful author –
To read more stories of Vasantha Vivek, subscribe to her blog: http://mysweetnothings.in
Mail her for any queries, help, support and to collaborate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vasantha Vivek is from Kovilpatti, a small town of Southern Tamilnadu of India. She’s a mom of a teen boy. She has completed Masters in Computer Science & Engineering. She is having a work experience as a professor in an Engineering College for nearly 15 years. She has learnt a lot as a teacher. She hopes that she had inspired some hearts during that period. Teaching is her passion. Reading is her love. Cooking is her heart. She enjoys reading and writing very much. She’s a mommy blogger at “My Sweet Nothings, freelance writer, content writer and contributing author for various reputed parenting websites. Her focus is mainly towards parenting and raising children with cultural knowledge and traditional values. She loves sharing Indian Folk Tales to children and her students to inculcate moral values and ethics to them. She has also co-authored an upcoming anthology 100 Moms One Journey.