Today I am going to tell you everything you need to know about the upcoming Lunar Eclipse.
Subscribe to know about upcoming Events and Festivals and what you can do, simply and easily at home to take the maximum benefit and blessings for yourself and your family and loved ones and any precautions you need to observe.
We have a Lunar Eclipse coming up on 26th May 2021, it is the first Lunar Eclipse of the year 2021, the first blood moon of the year, and the first total Lunar Eclipse since the Lunar Eclipse which took place in January 2019.
The Lunar Eclipse, which will be penumbral in India, will be between 14:17 and 19:19, on Wednesday, 26-5-2021, and the peak time of the eclipse in India is 16:16 .
It will be visible in Australia, parts of Western USA, Western South America and South-East Asia.
The Super Full Moon will be eclipsed for about fourteen (14) minutes.
The duration of the Eclipse in India will be of five (5) minutes.
The Eclipse will be formed in Sagittarius according to the Western Astrology System.
In India, it will be in Scorpio, according to the Vedic Astrology System.
Here is a LIST of Beneficial Actions (Do’s) and Precautions (Don’ts) to be following during this Eclipse:
- If Pregnant, take due precautions for mother and child’s well-being.
- It is best not to step outside during eclipse time, especially, if pregnant – because eclipses are considered to be harmful. Especially for the mother-to-be and the unborn child.
- Do not expose yourself to the moon.
- Keep a coconut in the mandir.
Close the doors of your mandir, after placing a coconut inside.
No Puja should be done during the eclipse.
After the Eclipse – throw the coconut in flowing water.
- Do not leave any food items outside.
- In cooked items, add a tulsi leaf and then place inside the fridge, etc.
- Even in drinking water, add a tulsi leaf.
– This prevents negative energies from accumulating into your food.
As this will be a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse, it is believed to not be harmful, but it is still a good idea to take precautions. There will be no sutak kal.
- Half an hour before the Lunar Eclipse, take a cotton thread the length of your height and tape it on the wall.
- If you lie down during the duration of the Eclipse, try and lie straight.
- Keep your windows and doors closed so that no harmful vibrations can enter your house.
- This is an optimal day for clearing your baggage, being introspective and pacifying your ancestors.
- The Lunar Eclipse will impact your mind, emotions, desires and feeling because the Moon is debilitated. It will make you feel emotionally weak.
- It is best to meditate and chant mantras on this day.
- Do NOT start anything new on Lunar Eclipse day.
- The alignment of the Planets during the eclipse will be such that your more humane side will come to the fore.
- performing spiritual practices, contemplation, meditation, tarpanam for your ancestors, and chanting will bring multiple benefits.
Chanting these MANTRAS will be beneficial on this day:
- “Om Namah Shivay”
- “Vishnu Sahasranam”
- “Om Namo Narayana”
After the Eclipse, light a fire (a small one in your havan kund is ideal) – add a little camphor to it, and it around your house.
We hope you found this article to be helpful. Leave us a comment below, and share with others so they may benefit by following these pointers.
Follow us on Social Media for daily Spiritual Messages, Guidance from the Angels and Tarot, Numerology and FengShui
Eclipses of 2021:
May 26: Total Lunar Eclipse
June 10: Annular Solar Eclipse
November 19: Partial Lunar Eclipse
December 4: Total Solar Eclipse