Blessed Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated in vishakha, Shukla paksha, tritya tithi which is a very auspicious day as both the Sun and Moon are exalted. This year Akshaya Trithya is much more auspicious. It is happening on a Tuesday + Rohini Nakshatra making it Shubhan yoga – as the name itself suggests a very ‘shubh’, that is auspicious time. This yoga is occurring after 30 years.
To add to this auspiciousness there is a planetary combination occurring after 50 years. Not only are the Sun and Moon exalted, so is Venus exalted. And, Jupiter and Saturn are in their own houses. How much powerful could this day be?!!! And the planets involved in the solar eclipse have begun moving away from each other.
Akshaya Tritiya is associated with many auspicious occurrings and circumstances:
river Ganga is believed to have begun flowing on this day.
Maa Annapurna’s avtaran (promising no poverty and scarcity)
Lord Parshuramji’s birthday
In Vrindavan only on this day can one get a glimpse of the feet of Banke Bihariji and it is believed that Lord Krishna on this very day gave the Pandava’s an Akshaya patra – the vessel in which the food did not finish.
Hence the belief that what you begin today – will never finish. Be it daan-puniya – this effect will be everlasting. Or be it asset-building – it will keep multiplying.
Akshaya Tithi is also one of the highly auspicious days when you do not need to ask the Pandit (priest) for an auspicious timing or whether the day is auspicious – the whole day is auspicious.
Akshaya Tritiya is at par with Dhanteras as the day to ask for blessings for
wealth and prosperity.
One should pray to Vishnuji and Lakshmiji.
Things to do for Akshaya Tritiya
- Before Akshaya Tritiya one must remove all the cobwebs in and around your house/ premises, as cobwebs form an obstacle in the flow of money coming in to you.
- Also it is believed that on Akshaya Tritiya day you should not break a tulsi leaf. Preferably break it a day before if you must – but do so after having a bath and ask Tulsi’ji for permission to break a leaf, and don’t forget to apologize and later thank Tulsi’ji for the leaf.
- Avoid eating sendha namak today
- On Akshaya Tritiya, eating sattu is considered very auspicious
- Place a mirror in the north direction for wealth
- Place your money box in the North East direction for financial gains
- Do not begin any construction work today
- Fill a mitti ka mattka (clay pot) with water. Place a melon on top and give it to a married Brahmin lady, and take a coin as blessings from her. Keep this coin in your wealth box/wallet etc – this is very auspicious
- On Akshay Tritiya do not return home empty-handed
- Bath in holy water (ganga jal) ot any holy river
- Traditionally, imli and khichdi are eaten on this day
- Decorate your house with rangoli
- Today take some akshat rice (i.e. unbroken rice), haldi gaanth, Dhruva grass and some money and keep in your house/ temple or altar in your house. Later give it in a mandir.
JAP, DAAN, TAP, YAGYA, HAVAN etc done today
are very auspicious
Chant the Gayatri Mantra
Do Satya Narain ka paath
A very powerful ritual to do today:
Make a potli of red fabric. Place black haldi, black rice, sindoor, silver coi, fitful of lotus seeds, 5 cloves, 5 gomti chaktra and roses.
Then recite ‘OM HRIM SHRIM MAHALAKSHMI NAMAH’ 3 times. Then give it dhoop/ incense and tie the potli with red thread and keep it in your mandir/altar.
In the morning, do Dakshinavati Shankh ki puja
In the evening do mala of the 108 names of Tulsi Maa
FOR WEALTH AND PROSPERITY, ON AKSHAYA TRITIYA – BUY
- Yellow mustard seeds – bring them home and keep in the mandir/altar
- Sendha Namak – Do not use on this day. Any other day is fine
- Cotton wool – and use in puja
- Mitti ka diya (clay Deepak) and light it today
- Buying cowries, gomti chakra, sea shell (shankh), and kalash are very auspicious today.
For wealth, place a garland of red flowers on Shivji and Parvatiji together
According to your ascendant sign or moon sign buying the following is very auspicious –
ARIES – Masoor Dal (Orange lentil)
TAURUS – Rice
GEMINI – Green moon dal (green lentil), dhaniya sabut (coriander seeds)
CANCER – Rice and Milk
LEO – Red Fruit. Copper
VIRGO – Yellow moon dal (Yellow lentil)
LIBRA – Sugar and Rice
SCORPIO – Jaggery (gud) and water (bottle of water is okay to buy)
SAGGITARIUS – Bananas and Yellow Rice
CAPRICORN – Kali Urad dal (Black lentil) and Curd (dahi)
AQUARIUS – Black sesame seeds and clothes
PISCES – Haldi and Chana dal
Buy the above based on your ascendant sign and moon soon today, but do not use them today.
Buying Gold on Akshaya Tritiya
Buying gold is the trend now. But, traditionally, a bowl of rice or sattu was given.
Buying property, vehicles, gold, jewelry, etc is very auspicious today.
We hope you found this article helpful – leave us a comment. Contact us for a personalized chart reading.