My Treasures #wtfow #isheeria
Welcome to Isheeria’s Healing Circles.
Welcome to the #FestivalofWords – Come Join me and some brilliant writers of #writetribe as we #writebravely over the next 7 days on prompts which are interesting and inspiring & Fun (to write, and hopefully, for you to read )!
Today we talk about TREASURES…
When I hear the word treasure, what comes instantly to my mind is the story of Ali Baba and Forty Thieves, from the collection of Arabian Nights stories we grew up on!
I imagined that Life would be a journey, more like a pilgrimage, and then I too shall end up on the gates of THE cave, and then in my melodious voice (no laughter please) call out “Khuljaa Sim Sim” / “Open Sesame”, and be rewarded with THE Treasure.
Then offcourse, I graduated to the Bat cave.
And now, after growing up a bit more, I have come to realise that Treasure is simply, as the dictionary says, Anything of Value, anything which is valued.
WE define and decide what thing, person, being, philosophy, concept, idea is a Treasure to us! What holds value for us, what we cherish and hold dear.
To some Gold, Diamonds, Money is treasure. To some their family, art, a well-made meal is a treasure. And for the rest of us, Treasure is somewhere in between!
As I reflected upon this prompt today, I realised I actually have a long list of valued possessions, of Treasures, which make me happy, keep me going, make me sing, keep me warm on any long, lonely night.
My Family & Friends
Frankly, if they weren’t as funny, smart, snarky, REAL as they are, I would probably not be as Real!
The Love of a Pet is second to none, I would urge every person to keep a pet once in their lives – The Love & Lessons are Treasures of immeasurable value!
Every 23rd of the Month I dedicate to Animals, to Pets – We celebrate #PetsDaywithIsheeria on Instagram, Blog, anywhere-everywhere– A day where we take a moment to cherish our pets, and share their stories, antics, or just a cute aww-picture!
– As an aspiring Green Thumb, every new leaf, bud, and flower is cause for Happiness – Is treasured for what it symbolises – That Life grows where there is Nurturing, Love, Sunshine & Food!
– A burst of Gratitude at this point in my list, as I realise, it is my Spirit which keeps me buoyant through the storms and choppy waters and grounded when the sailing is smooth.
(off course, a bit of writing license here as I mix my elements in the same sentence)
Integrity as the Integral rudder to my ship
– I truly treasure that in the eye of seemingly insurmountable challenges and conflicts, I have stayed true to my morals, and ethics and spoken up, and against wrongs being done – with me and with others!
A well- made cup of Coffee and Tea
– I treasure a well-made cup, as it warms my heart and is a great stress-buster and re-energizer! & it has given me many an occasion, many a memories (those stories for another time)
I am preaching to the choir here – I treasure Books & the written word! Enough said! 😊
Jewelry – Passed down my Family (by members I Treasure 😉)
– Ah yes, A materialistic treasure too! I treasure the Diamond ring my grandfather (nana) used to wear, which he gave to his first-born daughter (not son! Even back then, my family was COOL like that 😉 ), who in turn has given it to her first-born daughter = ME!
Another piece, well, pieces actually of Jewelry which I treasure are my mom’s Silver Bangles from College, which I got when I completed my college successfully, and her 1st set of Gold Bangles which she made with her own salary, which I got when I entered my 30’s – To this day, I wear these bangles everyday, and hope to someday continue the legacy of the Love and Hard work which is symbolized in these pieces of Jewelry by passing them on to a beloved family member. Touch-wood.
What do you think of the word ‘Treasure’? What does it instantly bring to your mind? What do you treasure in your life? Leave me a comment – Id love to hear your views.
‘I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words #6′